About FPA Houston
Job Seeker Home
Stavis & Cohen Financial
Houston, TX 77058 United States
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full benefit package includes medical insurance, a 401(k) and a generous PTO package.
Stavis & Cohen Financial is a Houston-based, privately held, financial advisory services firm. We employ a team of professionals dedicated to helping families with large and complex estates make sound financial choices. We have been recognized multiple times, including this year, as one of the nation’s Leading Wealth Advisors by Worth. Additionally, we have been teaching financial planning and investment courses through the Rice University Susanne M. Glasscock School of Continuing Studies since 1984.
This Financial Planner will be responsible for assisting experienced advisors in the high-net worth client market to design, prepare and implement customized financial plans for client families. An ideal candidate will be well-versed in current financial planning techniques and technologies. This is an outstanding opportunity for a self-starter, who appreciates working independently, but enjoys being a member of a highly-functioning financial planning team.
The Financial Planner will work directly under the Director of Advisory Services to:
• Respond to client needs on a daily basis
• Advance the financial planning process for client families, including:
o Data collection
o Proposal preparation
o Financial plan preparation
o Executing client strategies resulting from the plan delivery, including coordination of :
? Estate planning needs
• Identify new business opportunities embedded in the existing client base
• Prepare for quarterly client investment review meetings
• Provide guidance and transfer financial planning knowledge to other team members
Education, training, experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Business-related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Demonstrated experience interfacing and collaborating with clients, peers, management and other work units
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative on projects
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate financial information verbally and in writing
• At least two years experience in the financial services industry
• Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation
• Series 7 and 66 licenses
• Proficiency with eMoney financial planning software
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
Terms & Conditions